Nick Pilch for Albany City Council 2014
Nick Pilch for Albany City Council 2016
UPDATES COMING SOON!
The Local Issues in Brief
- I support sensible development
- I supported the Safeway remodel from the beginning
- I support the UC Village development
- We need to get an ATT cell antenna in Albany - I will do whatever it takes to get this through
- Occupy the Farm - did not support
- Waterfront Development - I support the Voice to Vision outcome -- maximum open space, minimal development, but enough development to at least replace racetrack revenues if the track leaves.
I believe that working with people is key to building a sustainable city, both environmentally and economically. As an active citizen, I have worked closely with the City and developers to make sure projects advance our City’s environmental sustainability, such as by providing good biking and walking access, while also providing economic benefits.
I live in Albany with my wife and son, and like all of us enjoy the benefits of the Albany schools, both directly and indirectly. As the School District appointee, I serve on Albany's Parks and Recreation Commission (three years as Chair), where I have worked for years improving and protecting Albany’s parks and fields for all users.
I have also served on the Traffic and Safety Commission and co-founded Albany Strollers & Rollers, an organization dedicated to improving safety and mobility for our children, seniors, and everyone who walks or bicycles in Albany. Finally, I serve as a Sierra Club Leader and I have their endorsement.
Albany needs an independent voice that listens to all sides. I believe I can be a bridge that brings people together for the good of Albany. I would be honored to serve as your City Council member.
Are you a supporter? Wear my shirt! http://www.cafepress.com/dd/30661495